Life Tips & Hacks You Never Knew!
I gotta share something today. From a young fellow, Chris Hladczuk. He recently graduated from Yale and works at Goldman Sachs. (Yeah, I know. Typical money-hungry know-it-all, right? Wrong!) His hobby is sharing on Twitter — frameworks, systems, and epic business stories. Essentially life tips and hacks you never knew. (I think he is building up an email list for something much bigger down the line.)
Nevertheless, he has a cool angle. He canvasses billionaires, entrepreneurs, students, readers, even Reddit for their best advice, systems, and frameworks and then tweets out the top ten or 20 nuggets.
Recently, he posted brilliant life tips. That is what I have copied and pasted for your edutainment.
- Family Treasure 1) Get a blank book 2) Ask each family member over 50 to write down life advice that their descendants in 500 yrs should know 3) Keep passing it down. You now have a family treasure that gets more useful over time.
- Airplane Mode Hack If you’re stuck on an annoying call, put your phone on airplane mode instead of hanging up. The other person sees “call failed” instead of “call ended”.
- Reframing Your Day Instead of feeling that you lost the day after a bad morning, reframe each day as 4 quarters: • morning • midday • afternoon • evening If you blow one quarter, just get back on track for the next one. Fail small, not big.
- Keeping your Cool If someone insults you during a meeting, pretend like you didn’t hear them the first time. Politely ask them to repeat themselves. They’ll either repeat the insult and look rude or realize their mistake and apologize.
- Venting at Work Be careful who you vent to at work. Just because they listen, it doesn’t mean that they are your friend or have your best interests at heart.
- If you ever want a piece of software online for free, don’t search for “free”. Search for “open source” to avoid limited trial versions and malware.
- “e.g.” and “i.e.” are not the same e.g. = for example i.e. = in other words
- Email Address Hack Add “+1”, “+2” before the @ in your email address • Websites will register it as a new email, but still send mail to your normal address. This makes organizing accounts or free trials easy. Example: Primary: Bob@gmail(dot)com Bob+1@gmail(dot)com
- On Arguments Ask, “What proof would it take to change your mind?” If they can’t give you an answer, then stop wasting your time.
- Anger and Mistakes Getting angry at people for making mistakes doesn’t teach them not to make mistakes. It teaches them to hide their mistakes.
Remember, we are all smarter together when we rely on the collective wisdom of each other. Alone, we move up and fast. Together, we move forward and farther.
To your Success!
Charlene Norman is the Truth Teller at Bullet Proof Your Business Now. Business Owners, Founders, Presidents, and CEOs who want to play smarter and grow BIG rely on her to boost the energy, effectiveness and profitability of their business and themselves. You can find her at www.bulletproofyourbusinessnow.com